Open Geostatistics (www.opengeostatistics.org)
Welcome to the open geostatistics initiative web site. The current focus of this website is the upcoming workshop for spatio-temporal data in R. Read on for more details or to find out what Open Geostatistics is
- R development center at ifgi
- GIS = R
- R development center hosts GEOSTAT 2012 summer school
- EDC Students of the year 2012
- R programming course, winter semester 2011/2012
- R spatial and spatio-temporal, workshop, Curitiba, Br, 29-30 Mar 2011
- Handling and analyzing spatio-temporal data in R, Workshop, 21-22 Mar 2011
- EDC workshop Time & Space, ifgi, Muenster, 17-18 Mar 2011
- What is Open Geostatistics? Updated Mar 2011
- Open Geostatistics for Global Change, Jun 25, 2010
R development center at ifgi
The R Development Center
at the institute for geoinformatics has been launched in September 2011.
GIS = R
Guest lecture for Sytze de Bruin's course "Advanced Geo-information Science for Earth and Environment" at WUR, Feb 18, 2013: slides pdf Rnw sources R script
R development center hosts GEOSTAT 2012 summer school
See the Summer school page
EDC Students of the year 2012
Holger Hopmann and Marius Appel received the EDC Student of the year
award, which included a travel to the ArcGIS Users Conference
. Their work addressed a seamless link between ArcGIS?
and R, using the R.NET framework and ArcGIS?
as a client. Regrettably, due to license restrictions (essentially: violation of the GPL), the solution cannot be distributed.
R programming course, winter semester 2011/2012
An R programming course
for 3 or 5 ECTS was offered at the institute for geoinformatics, and attracted around 12 students. The assignment included writing an R package, including a vignette, that passes R CMD check. Several original and innovative ideas were implemented successfully.
R spatial and spatio-temporal, workshop, Curitiba, Br, 29-30 Mar 2011
See the Workshop page
Handling and analyzing spatio-temporal data in R, Workshop, 21-22 Mar 2011
This workshop was held at ifgi with R users and developers (1) to discuss handling of spatio-temporal data in R (the need of classes and methods for storing, manipulating, analyzing and visualising spatio-temporal data), (2) to set up bi-lateral and common research/development agendas, (3) to write and test code.
See the workshop page
identified during the workshop.
EDC workshop Time & Space, ifgi, Muenster, 17-18 Mar 2011
Time & Space in R, SWE, and ArcGIS?
. See here
What is Open Geostatistics? Updated Mar 2011
By open geostatistics we mean the combination
of access to
- open data, in real-time
- open source geospatial software
- open, reproducable procedures
- open, web-based, methods for data and processing models (interoperability)
- open and explicitly quantified significance and accuracy levels of research findings
- managed, open user and developer communities
This initiative is not a solitary effort. We are actively involved in
Open Geostatistics for Global Change, Jun 25, 2010
In the first attachment below you will find the invitation for my public inaugural lecture, which carries the title Open geostatistics for global change
, held on Jun 25, 2010, 16:15, Auditorium, Robert Kochstrasse 28, Muenster. In one of the attachments below you can find a written version of the text.
- 09 Jun 2010